Monday, May 28, 2018

Howl Makes a Friend

Part One of Howl's Tales - an Amazing Tales Adventure.

Once upon a time, there was a friendly white wolf named Howl. He lived in the fairy forest ruled by the benevolent queen Thomasina. One day, Howl was walking through the woods, looking for some lunch, when he ran into a little man. At first the little man was frightened of Howl (who had big, scary looking teeth), but Howl reassured him and they became friends.

"I am very hungry and looking for something to eat. Do you know where I can find something?" asked Howl.

"Nay," said the little man. Actually, he was a leprechaun named Lucky Liam. "I am looking for some gold. Do you know where I can find some?" he added.

"Sorry, I don't." replied Howl. "Perhaps we can help each other look."

So the duo began walking through the woods together.

Notes
And thus begins an adventure using Amazing Tales (which I describe in a post on my other blog). I picked it up because I thought my wife would prefer it to the typical math-intensive RPG. She came up with our characters (she is playing Howl and I'm Liam) and the setting and things went on from there. It was a natural for the ruler to be named Thomasina. That's our cat's name and for years we've been jokingly saying that she is really a fairy princess.

Howl is a white wolf who is good at bargaining, stealth, howling beautifully, and making friends. Liam is a leprechaun who is lucky, is good at finding treasure, likes to drink, and can walk on rainbows.

Anyway, I will be continuing the narrative in later posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment